With the success of Apple Pencil 1, Apple introduced its new product. Any guesses about what it is? Yes, the Apple Pencil 2 or you can say the second generation of Apple Pencil. Here in this article, we will be reading everything about it!
The Apple Pencil 2 has a sleek, attractive design that sets it apart from other styluses. It has an aluminum body that feels sturdy and well-built. The tip of the stylus features a wide array of sensors that allow it to detect the position and touch pressure accurately and precisely. These sensors also make it possible to perform tasks such as shading, sketching, and highlighting on the screen just like you would on paper.
What is an Apple Pencil? Why is it Important?
Apple pencil is a stylus for the iPad Pro. It is an important device because it has many features that make it stand out from other styluses.
Apple Pencil is an input device that is designed to work with iPad Pro and iPad (2018). It has a built-in rechargeable battery that lasts up to 10 hours on a single charge. It uses infrared technology, which means it doesn’t need to be paired with the iPad in order to work.
The Apple Pencil only needs to be within 30 feet of the iPad for it to work. The Pencil also has a built-in light sensor at the end, which allows you to use the pencil in low-light conditions.
The Apple Pencil was designed to work with the touch screen of the iPad and not any other type of screen. The Pencil has a light sensitivity, which means that when you are using it, your movements will be captured in greater detail on a dark background. This makes drawing or sketching more accurate and easier.
The History of the Apple Pencil 2 & Features
The Apple Pencil was introduced in September 2015 alongside the iPad Pro. It is a stylus that can be used for writing, drawing, and marking up documents on the tablet. The Apple Pencil is designed to work seamlessly with the iPad Pro.
The Pencil is a digital drawing tool designed to work with the iPad Pro. The Apple Pencil has many features that make it an attractive choice for artists. The Apple Pencil 2 features are as below:
- It has a built-in rechargeable battery.
- Apple Pencil is an excellent tool for professionals who are in need precision and accuracy when drawing on their iPads.
- It offers users the ability to draw in many different styles, including pencil sketching, watercolor painting, or oil painting.
- It has a pressure-sensitive tip, which replicates the feeling of drawing on paper.
- It also has palm rejection, which means the stylus won’t react if you rest your hand on the screen while drawing.
- It has tilt sensitivity which makes it work like a regular pencil if you hold it at an angle and press the side of the tip alongside the iPad.
- It has a pencil-like weight. It feels like a real writing instrument in hand and not any technology instrument.
- With Apple Pencil, there’s no delay between what appears on your iPad screen and what you write, because it has super low latency.
- Apple Pencil 2 supports touch gestures. Apple Pencil 2 allows quick switching between tools in apps with a double tap, for example, between a pen tool and an eraser tool.
- The Apple Pencil 2 can be charged using the iPad Pro. However, a Lightning connector is used to charge the Apple Pencil 1.
Apple Pencil has been well received by artists, designers, and illustrators as it can be used for both professional and personal use.
What devices are compatible with Apple Pencil?
The Apple Pencil is compatible with many devices since its manufacturing in 2015. It has a lot of advantages over other styluses. It’s pressure sensitive and it’s a digital stylus.
However, you should note that Apple Pencil 1 and Apple Pencil 2 are compatible with their respective devices only! The device built with compatibility of 2nd gen Apple Pencil won’t connect with Apple Pencil 1.
Apple Pencil 1 Compatible Devices:
- iPad mini (5th generation)
- iPad (6th generation and later)
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st and 2nd generation)
- iPad Pro 10.5-inch
- iPad Pro 9.7-inch
Apple Pencil 2 Compatible Devices:
- iPad mini (6th generation)
- iPad Air (4th generation and later)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation and later)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (1st generation and later)
What can you do with Apple Pencil 2?
You might be thinking, Apple pencil 2 is for drawing and sketching only. Even though helps in getting accurate digital drawings, it can do many other things.
With Apple pencil 2 you can take screenshots and preview them. While previewing, you can draw and write on the screenshot using the Markup feature. It is like a DocuSign but has an Apple feature. Now, you can sign any document from anywhere on your phone only!
Also, Apple Pencil 2 is compatible with third-party apps like Procreate, Notability, Adobe Fresco, Pigment, Pixelmator, and Linea Sketch.
How an Artist Can Optimize their Digital Sketching with an Apple Pencil?
Apple Pencil is a great tool for artists to use in their digital sketching. It can help them optimize their workflow and improve their productivity by providing more control and precision over the digital sketching process.
The Apple Pencil has been a game changer for digital sketching. It has enabled artists to sketch with a level of precision and accuracy that was never possible before. Apple Pencil 2 is the latest iteration of the Apple Pencil and it is set to take digital sketching to the next level. Here are some of the features that make it better than its predecessor:
- It’s more responsive
- It’s more accurate
- The battery lasts longer
- The screen doesn’t lag
What is the Pricing of Apple Pencil 2?
The first generation of Apple Pencil was priced at $99, while the second generation is priced at $129.
Where do you go from here after reading this article?
With this, I would like to put an end to the article on Apple Pencil 2. To read more information on new gadget releases or technology trends, stay tuned to DTechunt!